Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Baby daddy long legs EVERYWHERE!!!

Well, perhaps not EVERYWHERE, but they're heading that way. About a week or so ago the babies hatched...it was rather neat to see. They started out as tiny specks, you could barely see their legs. Now they're about the size of a small gum-ball, legs included. From the time they hatched until now they've stayed very still in their web. As I'd watch, I couldn't see them move at all. As of this morning, they're starting to take off and move further away from the web. I've got to capture them and take them outside ASAP! As much as I've enjoyed watching them grow, I'm also ready to see them go and finally get rid of those cob webs!

Here they are in the lid of a pitcher. Their mom jumped out immediately, so I don't have her to contrast their size to, but they're pretty little still.

No comments: